Triangle (2009) - The Circle Of Life And Death.

★★★★★
Well it’s been a while since I was last amazed by a film that is ‘Predestination’ as I remember. Nowadays that sort of film is rare since people would like to reboot, remake, rewrite some old stuff instead of recreating something even out of something.

I’ve always been fascinated by films that have plot twists, a mind-blowing ending, or say, an unusual way of telling a story, even supposedly a boring one. ‘Triangle’ is a film like that. It keeps playing with your mind throughout. When you feel like you’ve figured what’s going on, it tricks again. When you think it’s going to end like you think it would, it turns again. Trust me, if you haven’t yet checked out the film, the way the story’s told will amaze and shock you, and the ending will sure make you wow since it perfectly explains what seems to have nonsensically happen to your mind’s eye. It demonstrates a tedious, vicious, inescapable and horrible circle of killing and being killed to wish to live, as a result of cheating the Death!

‘Triangle’ doesn’t only work like a horror film that delivers both thrills and mysteries, but also like a reminder to me, as a Buddhist, that there’s absolutely no way to try to get out of Samsara on my own. There’s still a lot of Buddhists that believe that they can break away the circle of life and death on their own efforts. I’m not saying they’re wrong, but ‘you think you can make it’ and ‘you’re able to practically make it’ is somewhat different. I, in fact, already gave up the idea of making it on my own long time ago. I’m not even doing it if your doing it means anything except Pure Land Buddhism practices. I know I’m sinful, vulnerable and weak. That whatever I think I can do to stop the suffering of Samsara will be just a waste of breath. It’s like a man that’s drowning deeper and deeper still believes that he must and can save himself and others. Such a belief is nothing but a delusion that will only feed up your ego. It may sound ironic but it’s so true that only when you feel like you’re weak and useless, you actually start to break your ego, and get enlightened bit by bit for real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

荃灣竹林禪院

屯門妙法寺

沙田萬佛寺